Prayer: Let Your Spoken Words and Your Written Words bring revelation and truth to all who read it. May it restore the relationship with You that we as the body of Christ once had and was given when You gave your life for our salvation? Restore my mind, my body, and my soul In Jesus Name. Amen
There’s an old adage or saying that says, “You get out what you put in.” You often hear a person say and it is usually when someone is doing or has done something wrong, “You reap what you sow.”
Jesus told his disciples and the people many things regarding matters of putting in and getting out. In the Book of Matthew chapter 13 it says: And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the wayside, and the fowls came and devoured them up: Jesus was saying 19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart.
Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up because they had no deepness of earth: in other words. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away, now Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: These are those that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
But other fell into good ground and brought forth fruit, some a hundredfold, some sixty-fold, some thirty-fold. This is he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
The fruit refers to many actions of your heart when you are a born again Christian. The scripture tells us that anyone that is in Christ, they become a new creature, old things or ways pass away, now you become new because your heart has changed. Your fruit has resulted because you have heard and understand the Word of God.
Now the Holy Ghost can reside in us because our bodies are now the temple of God. And because our bodies are the temple of God, the Holy Ghost leads and guides us. He also produces Good Fruit in us. Galatians 5:22 states But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance. Therefore, the Holy Ghost is now on the inside and the results are shown and given on the outside.
- Love- the love of Christ which makes us love our enemy and pray for them. They love to give and not expect it in return because you know your reward is in Heaven.
- Joy- Because of Jesus, the joy of the Lord is my strength. When the world does me wrong, I can still have joy; when the bills are due, I can still have joy; when I’m in a position to bless others and when they are blessed I have joy. When I visit nursing homes, hospitals, jails, other countries and I see breakthrough, it gives me joy.
- Peace- I don’t have to worry about anything or anyone because I know the Holy Ghost is there to comfort me. Jesus says in John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. I can get along with my neighbors, not just the ones that live next door but though whose skin does not look like mine, the ones who may worship at another building. Even the ones who have said all manner of things about me, I have peace.
- Long-suffering- Despite my circumstances, I will trust in the Lord. Psalm 27 says, “The Lord is my light and salvation, whom shall I fear, the Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid.
- Gentleness- Because the Lord has bridled my tongue, and I have asked Him to set a watch over my mouth, I will use my words carefully for I know it is not what goes in a man that defiles him, but the corrupt communication which proceedeth from his mouth.
- Goodness- The scripture in Proverb 18:24 says in order for one to be a friend, he must show himself friendly. The Lord has shown me goodness and mercy and I should reciprocate the same toward others. Not by words only, but by deeds.
- Faith- The substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Because the Holy Ghost is in me, He increases my faith daily. I walk by faith, I speak by faith, my beliefs are because of my faith. Because I trust in the Lord, I can do all things in faith.
- Meekness- I am an ambassador for Christ, those who see me, should see Christ in me. We should have a meekness that is displayed for the world to see. We boast not in ourselves but in Christ Jesus. We lift Him up, not ourselves. We should handle every situation with the meekness of Christ. When the world turned against Him, He didn’t turn against them, but toward them. He told them, I stand at the door of your heart and knock, asking them to let Him in.
- Temperance- Let the mind of Christ be the same mind as us. The scripture tells us to be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath. Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger rest in the bosom of fools.
Good and evil cannot dwell in the same vessel. Ask yourself, “What is in you?” More importantly, what will come out of you? Will lies, covetousness |, envy, jealousy, lust, or pride, or will your life display Love, kindness, faithfulness, obedience, friendliness, and most of all Holiness?
When the Word or Seed came to you, Did you allow it to taken away by the enemy or those who partnered up with Satan; Did you initially receive it with joy for a little while but when situations of life came you didn’t have the faith to believe or trust that The Word would see you through, so you fell away; When you sought Jesus and followed Him first, you were blessed. And when prosperity came, the things of the world and the people of the world got into your head and heart and there was no more room for Jesus. You fell away never to return to Him. Now for those of us who have kept the Word, that Seed should be visible in our actions and deeds. Loving our neighbors as ourselves; showing compassion to strangers and enemies alike; letting others see the Christ in us the Hope of Glory. For we live in a dark world and it is up to us as believers to bring light into this world as Jesus brought light unto us.
Prayer: Father thank you for who you are in my life. Let the seed that you have sown into me be fruitful whereby others may see the Christ in me and be drawn to you where you may be Glorified, In Jesus Name. Amen
We don’t own the rights to this music: